Rub, rub, rub

Exfoliation. Do you remember the 80s? Did anyone exfoliate then? All I can recall is that apricot scrub that every chemist had. I don't recall the slew of products we now have to keep bumpy skin at bay. How on earth we got through it I shall never know but I did have the blackheads from hell - maybe if they had invented Modern Friction, clear and perfect skin could have been mine.

So this scrub is rather excellent. You put it on damp skin and rub and scrub away, adding a spot of water as you go. And it rather miraculously does make your skin smoother. I can't imagine sensitive skins getting on with it - it's quite robust and I go easy on my cheeks but give it more welly on my nose (where those damm blackheads still lurk).

Once a week is fine for me - it would be easy to get carried away with it and have rather red skin. But it works a treat and I find it very good for holidays when you've had sun protection on your skin and are feeling a bit oily. The packaging is plain stupid but Dear Sister got me a tube of it as part of an Origins gift pack (love ya Discopants) for my birthday - FAR better to have a tube. I am saving tube for holidays and using the pot at home. It lasts for ages but they are not giving it away - I think it's about £30.

They do a version for your body - not tried that although am very tempted. Anyone got reviews of it?

6 comments:

Thea said...

If you're feeling poor, try the Boots no 7 Microdermabrasion scrub, too. I find it less red-making than Modern Friction, but just as good at the scrubby bit.

Cover Girl said...

I'll bear that in mind for when I run out Thea. Thanks

Lucy Benson said...

Weirdly, even though my skin's madly sensitive, I find Modern Friction great. It definitely helps to wet your face first, though, otherwise it's a bit thick and draggy. The body version is excellent, too.

MissDisco said...

Yeah, you see I don't really like it .... I find it far too harsh and I'm not sure that I see any difference when I use it apart from a red rather sore face.

Cover Girl said...

I think this is because you don't have blackheads Disco.

Ann said...

Oddly, my all time favourite exfoliator was one Prescriptives (I think) did in the 1980s, so yes people did exfoliate then! (You were just too young to need to!) I have met nothing even half as good since (or maybe my skin is just harder to please now).

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...