Dr Nick Lowe

Do you know of Dr Lowe? He is dermatologist to the stars and has a practice on Harley Street. He is often quoted in magazines on anti-ageing etc. He launched his skin care range about two years ago. The day cream is wonderful. It sinks in like a dream, has SPF 15 and does not make your skin greasy. I thoroughly recommend it. Get it in Boots and use your advantage card to stack up points as it's about £16.

I was so impressed with the day cream that I bought the cleanser. Which is very average and not that great. I also got the night cream which was nice enough but not wow factor. So I didn't bother trying anything else.

Glam boss went to see Dr Lowe for a minor procedure (NOT a face lift or botox or anything!) and Sophie Dahl was there. She said Sophie looked radiant and was buying lots of Lowe products...

6 comments:

MissDisco said...

I've been wearing this day cream for ages and I really though it was by some guy called Dr Love! Thank you for correcting my error

Cover Girl said...

Hilarious! Dr Love is more fun.

MissDisco said...

I did think it was a slightly odd name for what is obviously a serious face cream! I'm still giggling about it now although I have pangs of embarrassment as I'm sure I've asked someone in Boots where they kept the Dr Love range .... oh well!

Cover Girl said...

He is always quoted in magazines. He's quite famous. But I accept that not everyone reads the beauty pages of magazines as obsessively as me.

thegoodlife said...

Sophie always looks radiant, so that's her secret...

Jenni said...

I spent a lovely hour the other evening reading the 'back catalogue' of Cover Girl, and came across this little gem. I am always looking for a lovely, effective, light moisturiser, and especially since having babies. That's because the psoriasis which I have had since I was a teen was vastly worsened post-pregnancy (something to do with auto-immune system), and for the last year have had some small patches on my face, which don't react well to most clensers and moisturisers. So yesterday, I went to Boots and purchased some Dr Love (!!) face moisturiser, eye tightener and hand cream. I am yet to open the moisturiser or eye tightener (that's tomorrows job), but I have been using his hand cream fro 24 hours now and it is nothing short of miraculous. Seriously - ungreasy, but immediate softness, and leaves a barrier but not enough of one to leave greasy fingerprints everywhere for half hour after application. What Im most impressed with is that it has softed some rough patches on my knuckles (another post-baby side effect); something I haven't been able to achieve in over a year. Wonderful stuff, so thank you for the top off! Oh, and at the moment in Boots (8/1/11), his handcream is half price and moisturiser has 1/3 off. x

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...