Cover Girl's Heroes of 2010

We don't need another hero. Except we do. We always need beauty heroes. 2010 is drawing to a close and it seems timely to look back over the past 12 months and the dozens of products I've tried to give you my heroes of 2010. These are the new discoveries that have become my must-haves.

I think it's best to start with perfume. It's always my favourite place to begin. My Chanel Bois des Iles has been a revelation. From the moment I realised Chanel did exclusive perfumes, only available in standalone stores or Selfridges, London, I was intrigued. The entire experience in Selfridges is one to behold and if you've not been, I can't recommend it enough. The women are scarily orange and over made-up but it's beautifully done and designed to make you want the perfume like you've never wanted anything. Restrain not being one of my characteristics, I succumbed. I used getting married as my excuse to spend £170 on a bottle of perfume. But you get 200ml. So that's alright then. A day doesn't go past when I am not delighted I bought it. It is just completely divine. Soft, not overpowering but sexy and immensely sniffable. This is a perfume where you just smell your wrist all day long.

My second hero is Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energising Mask. I don't know what I did before I got this. It works a treat. It was something I knew instinctively would be amazing when I read about it. It's a skin life saver and really good for the party season. Ask for it in your Christmas stocking.

Speaking of masks. The Sisley Radiance Mask is also another firm favourite. This is perfect to pep your skin up and is such a joy to use. It's ruinously expensive and I am very grateful to my lovely friends for buying it for me.

Back in July I know you were all on the edge of your seat wondering what nail varnish I would choose for my wedding day. I know, right? Bermuda Shorts it was. This is a classic in the making. Such a bright purple and yet very wearable. I shall look forward to digging it out again in Spring - it's certainly a sunshine colour. And Essie gets an honourable mention - best nail varnish hands down in terms of application.

The jury is still out on the Brazilian blow dry but the Pureology shampoo I discovered is a keeper. I won't use any other shampoo now. Shiny hair and hardly any product plus SLS-free. I love it.

Speaking of hair, Moroccan Hair Oil is fab-u-lous. The hair literally drinks it up. I am thinking of just dousing my hair in it and seeing what happens! Shine without grease - It's a Christmas miracle!

Finally, my love affair with Bobbi Brown continues. The corrector I got as part of my wedding makeover is wonderful. I don't use it everyday as I am actually quite lazy (can you believe it?!) but for those mornings where you despair, it's worth having. 

Thank you to you, my lovely readers. I enjoy all your comments. Keep telling me what you think.

2 comments:

Dreams That Glitter xoxo said...

Well, you know I am a huge fan of your blog...I hope!

I am so with you on the Morrocan Oil and also Bobbi Brown. I've had her teenage book for years but never really seriously looked at the range until recently. Tis wonderful though. Oh and of course, Morrocan Oil is beyond fabulous.

I haven't checked out the Bliss mask yet. But I know I must. Maybe next time I'm in London I'll hop along to Selfridges and check it out...hopefully just that though and not everything else!

Here's to a wonderful year of blogging, I've loved yours this year.

xoxo

Cover Girl said...

Thanks Dreams. 15% off all beauty (including Bliss) at Debs. Just saying...

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...